Saturday, February 12, 2011

Energy




Energy - I just love that word, don't you? It seems many of us are lacking in physical energy these days as witnessed by the "energy drinks" that are on the market, but that's not what I'm thinking of.
What I want to talk about today is the "energy" we exhibit to others - as in...positive or negative....uplifting or discouraging...just plodding along or full of life ~ you get the picture!


What brought this word to mind is a conference I attended this past week. I was lucky enough to spend a couple of days with some very "energy-filled" people - people who are passionate about their work and who had a refreshing tendency to share whatever they could to make others successful. Helpful ideas and affirming statements flew around the room so fast I couldn't keep up in my note-taking :-). Now that's a happy problem, wouldn't you say?


We don't always find that, though, do we? Even just in "life" in general, many people don't really want to help us enjoy life - they tend to send negative energy out by the buckets.


Here's what I'm thinking - see if you agree... I want to distance myself from those kind of people somewhat. I think we can agree that it's tough enough to have positive energy ourselves without someone else trying to "share" their negative energy with us.


But here's the other side of that coin: which kind of energy do you "share?" Let's make a deal that for the next 30 days we try to share positive energy, what do you say?? When someone tries to "rain on our parade," we need to come back with some positive energy. When we are just weary to tears of all the little things that can dry up our energy reserves, we have to try to find something that will help us muster up just a few more drops of positive energy. Sometimes those few drops can turn into a nice little running stream. Ah, now that's a positive thought!


Have an energy-filled week and I'll "see" you next time!

Blessings,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment